We can look at this using an example of a gardener; he takes his time to nurture his garden to achieve the well-managed and beautiful landscape we all admire. Anyone that desires to achieve the same must be willing to go through the consistent almost painful routine to achieve similar results as we all know nothing good comes easy.
The same nurturing principle works for your ideas. Whether you are at the pre-star-up, start up or business development stage, consistent idea nurturing is important for business growth. You cannot just layback and water your idea or dreams when you feel like it, it must be consistent and purposeful to achieve real lasting results. Let’s you have been having this idea on your mind for a while now and it has been with you for two years yet you have done nothing about it well there will be no growth, however if you have written it down, sought advice and conducted some research on the idea you will surely have seen progress by now.
To grow your idea and take it to the next live I will give you five requirements for effective nurturing and growth.
1. The right environment: Just like a plant every idea needs the right environment to flourish. If you are not in the environment that promotes growth then my friend your idea will struggle to see the light of the day, this includes the right people, habits and information. You will have to get out of your comfort zone and find people who will nurture your idea. For example attend networking meetings even if you have to pay an entry it is worth it.
2. The right tools: You need to have the right tools to grow your idea, carry out a research of what you need and make a list of your requirements. Rather than wishing that they could all come to you at once start with the first need on your list and work your way down with the funds you have at the moment.
3. The right advice: If you want advice on plant cultivation you had better go to the garden center than a petrol station, Be careful who feeds you with information about your idea, if you have toxic friends or family who shutter your idea then shield yourself from them. Find the support of a trustworthy partner or coach to help you realize your dream. Network with like-minded people so that they can give you an idea to boost your needs.
4. The right food: We all need food to survive. The wrong food can lead to the death of plants or ideas, what does your mind dwell on the route to success or failure. It is important that you feed your mind with thoughts that promote growth. Even when plans fail you should bounce right back.
5. The right season: There is a time for everything under the sun, some plants flourish in summer while some do best in cold months likewise for business ideas knowing your seasons will enable you to apply the right action at the right time. There will be a season when you need to plan and a season when you need to take action.
Applying the right nurturing principles will ensure you grow your business ideas effectively and see consistent growth over time. You cannot afford to be stagnant with what you need to do turn your dreams into reality. Make a commitment today to start nurturing your aspirations and make magic happen your business definitely deserves it.
Other simple ideas strategies are:
- Start for the right reasons
- Brainstorm like crazy
- Pick one idea
- Test the market
- Make a plan