Latest posts by Dorris Kariuki (see all)
- Kijiji Meetup And 6 Other Top Events To Attend This Week - November 5, 2017
- Entrepreneurs Bootcamp And Other High Profile Events Happening This Week - July 24, 2017
- #WhereToBe: 8 Super Events You Can’t Miss This Weekend - July 20, 2017
Constant networking and learning are some of the most important qualities of an entrepreneurs. At Inversk we understand this and that’s why we have outlined the top 8 events that will be of benefit to your entrepreneurial being.
- Pitch To The Ladykillers
As an entrepreneur most of the time you spend time pitching to potential customers, partners or investors. The lady-killers are experienced business women and women investors. They have experience sitting in panels and judging ideas. If you would want to get tested on your business model and strategy, why not pitch and receive honest feedback. Not as part of a competition, but just in a one on one setting because you want to test yourself and get better at sharing your vision. Try out and get candid feedback.
- Date: Thursday, 20th July 2017
- Time: 1:00pm-3:30pm
- Venue: The Entrepreneurs Hub Waiyaki Way Nairobi.
- Charges: Free
If you are interested to join this event and have a problem you need to solve contact email@example.com or contact 0790 499 022
- Fraud And Internal Control Seminar.
This is a two day seminar organized by Hammond Tutu & Gunther K ltd, on safeguarding your organization resources from misuse, fraud and misappropriation.. The seminar will cover: demystifying internal controls, internal controls and risks management, role of the board and management in setting up internal controls, identifying internal controls lapse prone areas and instituting controls, fraud red flags and detecting and preventing fraud. This event is for all senior finance staff, tax staff, internal audit staff and any other personnel dealing with the organizations accounting, financial management risk and compliance functions.
- Date: Thursday, 20th July 2017 & Friday, 21stJuly
- Time: 8:30am- 4:30 pm
- Venue: Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi.
- Charges: 47,500 per participant exclusive of V.A.T
- Cost includes facilitation, training materials, lunches and certificates.
- Organizations sponsoring more than 3 participants get the 4th to attend free.
- ICPAK Members will get CPD Points in accordance with ICPAK rules.
- Participants are issued with a certificate of participation.
- This program is approved by NITA (National Industrial Training Authority).
Participating organizations are eligible to claim refund of costs in accordance. RSVP to Emmanuel@gunthergibson.com or call 0708 588 61
- A Billion Startups.
A Billion Startups is a CSR initiative run by glasshouse PR to promote the growing entrepreneurial ecosystem within our continent .The aim being to help accelerate the growth of startups by aiding in the cultivation of structured ideation as well as business design advisory to facilitate lead generators and early stage sales pipeline. Their objective is to make entrepreneurs ready for investments opportunity by helping them communicate their entrepreneurial literacy with confidence and transparency through the different tools and platform that they have provided..
- Date: Friday, 21st July 2017
- Time: 2:00pm- 4:00pm
- Venue: Glass House PR Lenana Road, Laiboni Centre- 4th Floor, Nairobi.
- Charges: Free.
- Bizhub: Digital Marketing.
Biz Hub is a www.twicgroup.com brainchild. It was inspired by the current huge youth unemployment rate. It is guided to guide the youth to embrace talent and talent monetization alternatives to beat unemployment.
This is a weekly event with this week’s theme being digital marketing. Attend ready to learn.
- Date: Friday, 21st July 2017.
- Time: 5:30 Pm – 8:30 Pm
- Venue: Paris Hotel opposite Cianda market
- Charges: 350.
- Entrepreneurs Bootcamp.
This is an event organized by Grobiz Africa for entrepreneurs, wantrepreneurs and startupreneurs, where likeminded entrepreneurs get to meet, learn, interact, network and connect with industry experts and mentors for sustainable growth.
The boot camp’s objective is to provide strategic business and financial management skills to small and medium sized businesses and family run businesses in Africa to steer sustainable growth. It’s 8 week training with relevant topics to be discussed.
- Date: Saturday, July 22nd ,2017
- Time: 8:30 am- 12:30 pm
- Venue: 5th Floor ACK Garden House, 1st Ngong Avenue
- Charges: $129.12
For more information contact 0717 877 618 or firstname.lastname@example.org, www.grobizafrica.com
- Metta Masterclass-How To Raise Money For Your Startup.
In this meet up you will get to learn from Eric Osiakwan who has been helping entrepreneurs build great companies for most of his career. He will share secrets on choosing the right investor for your startup or scaleup, what investors look for in startups and scaleups , raising money is an art not a science, raising money 101 principles and raising money stages.
Eric is a TED, Stanford, MIT and Harvard fellow and also the author of Africa’s Digital economy.
- Date: Thursday, July 21st 2017
- Time:6:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Venue: Metta Nairobi, 14 Riverside Drive Belgravia Building Nairobi.
Charges: 500 for non Metta Members, FREE for Metta Members .Mpesa till no 737416 Nest Group Africa.
- Mentorship Program At USIU.
In this event you will find opportunities like an exchange program in Africa and other countries, mentorship lessons, positive thinking, self-esteem build up, and entrepreneurship training.
- Date: Friday, July 21st 2017
- Time:11:00 am
- Venue: United States University- Africa , Thika Rd, Nairobi
Note: punctuality is emphasized, ask for Mr.Outstanding when you face any challenges at the gate.
- Business Plan Competition.
Here’s an exciting chance to watch Sinapis’ top entrepreneurs from Kenya (Nairobi and Mombasa) pitch battle it out for the top prize of $10,000 in seed funding in front of potential investors.
For entrepreneurs wondering what it takes to build an invest-able business, investors looking for pipeline to invest in or anyone interested in supporting entrepreneurs, this one’s for you.
- Date: Saturday, July 22nd 2017
- Time:2:00 pm- 6:00 pm
- Venue: Panari Hotel along Mombasa Road ,Nairobi
- Charges: FREE.